The Specialty Food Association (SFA) returns to San Francisco January 21-23, 2018, with its 43rd annual Winter Fancy Food Show. Held at Moscone Center, the largest specialty food and beverage trade show on the West Coast will feature the latest in innovative specialty food products.
Over 1,400 exhibitors will cover more than three and a half football fields of space and showcase 90,000 specialty food products. From the United States, California will have the largest show presence, with over 351 companies represented, followed by New York (98) and New Jersey (52). 23 countries will travel to the show, with Italy, Japan, Korea and France having the largest pavilions. Top names in retailing, foodservice, and hospitality flock to the show to discover new products, observe trends, and network. About 33,000 Industry Professionals are expected to attend the upcoming show.
“This is a precedent-setting time for industry buyers from all channels,” says Phil Kafarakis, president of the b. “As they work to meet consumer interest in high quality ingredients and great taste, specialty foods offer answers. In fact, specialty food sales are rapidly outpacing the traditional categories. The Winter Fancy Food Show is where buyers and retailers will find innovation on display and have the chance to see and sample the newest of the new and the best of the best. It’s a show not to be missed.”
Show highlights will include a full range of educational programming and events including:
- SFA 6th annual Leadership Awards Ceremony, Sunday, January 21, 5:00 – 6:30 pm
- Super Sessions and Excite talks featuring innovative thinkers in specialty food, sustainability, commerce, and food tech
- What’s New, What’s Hot showcase presenting hundreds of on-trend products
- “New Brands on the Shelf” area featuring up-and-coming producers who are SFA Member Candidates
- Front Burner: Foodservice Pitch Competition, Monday, January 22, 5:00 – 7:00
- Educational installations on the show floor highlighting the latest trends and business ideas
- Incubator Alley where new specialty food stars will display their products at the earliest stage
- Major food donation at show’s end to Feed the Hungry
The Fancy Food Show is a trade-only event. Registration is now open at fancyfoodshows.com.
The Specialty Food Association is the engine behind the Winter Fancy Food Show. The Show, established in 1954, is now the largest marketplace devoted exclusively to specialty foods and beverages in North America. The Specialty Food Association, a not-for-profit trade association for food artisans, importers and entrepreneurs, owns and produces the show. Today the Association has 3,400+ member companies worldwide.
© The Expo Review